If you’re interested in joining our teaching staff, please send a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Work and Play is hiring Weekend Teachers to help run weekend classes, parties and events at our South Orange location.
Ideal candidates are reliable, motivated and comfortable communicating with parents and able to turn up the energy and keep the children engaged!
– Ensuring event set up and materials are correct and visually inviting
– Welcoming guests and participants, pulling them them into activities
– Engaging and interacting with children throughout the event
– Cleaning up and resetting the studio between events
– Communicating with the Event Manaer to ensure all details are properly addressed for each individual event
– Managing additional staff during the events
Please send cover letters and resumes to jamie (at) workandplaynj.com, and be sure to highlight your experience with young children. No phone calls please.
Work and Play, a coworking space with on site early childhood program located in South Orange, NJ, is seeking experienced professionals, as well as students of early childhood education, to join our teaching team.
Our play-based, Reggio Emilia-inspired, early care and education program provides children with an engaging environment that is responsive to their developmental levels and supports their continual growth. Our ideal candidate will love working with young children, have a nurturing demeanor and a deep commitment to young children and their families. Candidates should enjoy working in a team approach and adhere to the belief that children are capable learners who deserve to be treated with respect and integrity. We are always looking for assistant teachers and substitutes, and hours can be flexible.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
– Collaborate with lead teacher to set up and guide warm and exciting “invitations to play” inspired by the Reggio Emilia Approach.
– Provide basic caregiving such as diapering, and assisting during meal and rest times.
– Supervise the classroom when the lead teacher is out of the room.
– Create a warm and welcoming environment for children and families, maintaining open, daily communication with parents.
– Ensure that our childcare room, studio, and bathrooms are safe and clean each day.
– Past experience with young children (teacher, daycare/caregiver, babysitter, parent).
– Degree relating to education or child development or credits towards either is preferred but not required.
– Strong communication and time management skills.
– Patience, flexibility, and a love for children.
– Candidates with a CPR and First Aid certification preferred.
– Prior experience with a Reggio-based program a plus.
– Must meet all applicable state licensing requirements (regulated by the Department of Children and Families) including a background check and fingerprinting.
Please send cover letter (detailing your experience with children) and resume to becky (at) workandplaynj.com. No phone calls please.