echo "custom header code goes in here"; ?>
Work and Play is hiring a part-time Manager, Birthday Parties, to oversee and grow Work and Play’s robust weekend birthday party business. Tasks include, but are not limited, to:
- Handling all internal logistics and planning to ensure a fantastic party for our clients
- Managing weekend calendar and hiring and managing party staff
- Drafting party agreements and managing invoicing
- Creating custom party packages for clients
- Responding to incoming calls and emails
- Running some (but not all) of our weekend parties and events
- Promoting birthday parties at street fairs, community events, and other marketing opportunities
- Developing and coordinating marketing assets (fliers, social media graphics, photo albums, etc.)
Ideal candidate has strong organization, communication, and networking skills, and has experience with young children. A background in the Reggio Emilia approach a plus, but not mandatory.
This is a contract position at a growing start-up in South Orange, and is perfect for someone interested in re-entering the workforce. However, candidates must be able to work some weekends.
Please send cover letter and resume to Deborah (at) workandplaynj.com No phone calls please.
Work and Play is hiring Birthday Party Leads to help run our weekend parties and events at our South Orange location! We offer a variety of parties for young children that are hands on and creative. Some of our current offerings include Play Dough Factory, Science Experiments, Superhero Training, Play Inside/Outside (featuring sensory activity stations) and more!
Ideal candidates are reliable, motivated and comfortable communicating with parents and able to turn up the energy and keep the children engaged!
- Ensuring party set up and materials are correct and visually inviting
- Welcoming party hosts, birthday party children and their guests, pulling them into our activities immediately, and making the birthday child feel extra special throughout the event
- Engaging and interacting with children throughout the party
- Cleaning up and resetting the studio between parties
- Communicating with the Birthday Party manager to ensure all details are properly addressed for each individual event
- Managing birthday party assistants during the events
Please send cover letters and resumes to beth (at) workandplaynj.com, and be sure to highlight your experience with young children. No phone calls please.
Work and Play is hiring Birthday Party Assistants to help with weekend parties and events at our South Orange location! This position is perfect for a High School student looking for a part-time, weekend job.
We offer a variety of parties for young children that are hands on and creative. Some of our current offerings include Play Dough Factory, Science Experiments, Superhero Training, Play Inside/Outside (featuring sensory activity stations) and more!
- Working with party lead to ensure party set up and materials are visually inviting
- Engaging and interacting with children throughout the party.
- Accepting food deliveries and serving food to party guests
- Cleaning materials used at the party
- Assisting party lead in cleaning and resetting for next party or for Monday’s childcare program
- Ensuring all facilities are clean and inviting (including bathrooms)
To apply, please email beth (at) workandplaynj.com highlighting your experience with young children. No phone calls please.